The Community, now at Curzon Park, Chester,
began as an Anglican Benedictine foundation at Feltham, Middlesex, on 24th
June, 1868. After several moves, including Twickenham, West Malling and Milford
Haven, the Community settled in North Wales, having been received into the
Roman Catholic Church in 1913.
|Bishop Francis Mostyn, who had accepted the
new Catholic Nuns as his special charge, also found them a home when his
family residence, Talacre Hall and Estate had to be auctioned in 1919. The
Community moved to North Wales in 1920.
||The early years in Wales were ones of growth
but also of hardship as the Community struggled to establish itself. In 1921,
the Nuns were accepted as members of the English Benedictine Congregation,
thus inheriting a venerable tradition and a more deeply-rooted Catholic identity.
The changes heralded by Vatican II led to an increasing simplification in
the state of monastic life.